AFL 2021 Preseason

 Welcome Back

This year I promise to be more active on this blog, and hopefully be able to post every week, provided there is time during SAC periods (like the Japanese one this week). This year there are a few updates to the simulations. The flagpole has been replaced with a median ladder, and there is now an expected percentage column next to the expected points column. Most weeks, there will not be much to talk about in these blog posts, occasionally, I may rant at the current affairs relating to football. Other blog posts may have match reviews of the games which I watch, this will primarily be Geelong matches.

As for competitions which I am competing in this year, I have been told by Max that I am permitted into the Squiggle modelling tipping, this has yet to be finalised, though I am expected some sort of response within the next two weeks. I have joined the FMI-Play AFL competition, formerly FMITL; I'm new to the competition and I am in Division Six. I am also competing in the Monash University Probabilistic Competition.

My tips for Round One can be found in my spreadsheet, along with my projections. I also have my projections available on this spreadsheet. I have also said I wanted to do an statistical investigation into Squiggle aggregate vs. ESPNFootyTips tip%, purely out of pure curiosity. This will also be available on the spreadsheet. Please find the spreadsheet attached below.



That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Squiggle Bot 2023

Model Rework Part I (The c-value)

AFL: Round 19 2022